Friday, May 9, 2008

Greetings from a Robertson

Dearest friends,

Warm greetings.

I have for some time had thoughts of posting to this blog, and now I have been let into the circle via a simple email to the rabbi. (Did he really think this through?) I'll be honest: down in my soul I'm a luddite, and I think I always will be, and this is the first time I've ever blogged, and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. But I hereby will seek not to be frivolous. It's not all bad - there's just way too much frivolousness in the world.

I think this may really be a forum for fruitful conversation. What are everyone's thoughts on the purpose and function of the blog? Is it for prayer requests? How about praise reports? How about discussions related to our small group's plans? Sermons & small group discussions? What about side issues and questions spiritual, whimsical, ancillary, and even frivolous? Do we have clear boudaries about these things? Just wondering.

Here's a really interesting essay by an insightful heretic that I heard on NPR earlier this week:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90133974

Let me know if I'm not allowed to post heresy.


ttfn,

Hermano David

2 comments:

Simon Potter said...

Just curious after reading the article by Sara Miles, why do you use the word heretic?

Bekah Tuggy said...

She sounds an awful lot like Lauren Winner. (Which in my opinion is a rather helpful and good thing.)